THIS WEB SITE IS DEDICATED TO GRAMMY & POPPY
In a field of poppies that covered parts of the earth from 1887 to 1969 there was one that stands out. He was not the tallest poppy and would not have been beheaded for that. He was not the humblest poppy either. In fact he was known for many noteworthy things pertaining to international law, global politics, espionage and intelligence. We remember him most fondly for his marriage to Dorothy and the brood they produced who happen to be our parents, aunts and uncles.
We are the poppy-headed cousins who have spent years contemplating a way to compile and share the troves of photos, writings, books and documents that have been sitting in basements and attics for decades. And this is it. Our living history.
Stay tuned as we bring it forth. SP – 10/26/2016.
USING THE WEB SITE
- If you would like to be set up as an editor so you can make entries into the web site, contact one of the administrators (Sharon, Jill or Rob).
- If you make an entry, it would be helpful to list the title or subject matter of the entry on the first line of the entry, and include your initials and the date of the entry at the end in the following format: XY – 11/29/2017.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING ENTRIES INTO THE WEB SITE
- Go to the WordPress Login page at:
[You can copy/paste this address to the address line on your browser.]
Enter Username and Password. Click on ‘Log In’
- You will find yourself on the ‘Dashboard’ page. On the left column hover the cursor over the pages icon, which looks like two superimposed, but offset pages. [Alternatively, the word ‘Pages’ may show up in the left column.] Click on ‘All Pages’.
- Scroll down to the page you want to edit. Hover the cursor over or near the page name until the ‘Edit/Quick Edit/Trash/View’ line appears. Click on ‘Edit’.
- Make changes to the page as you would in any word processor like Word. When done, click on the blue ‘Update’ button on the right.
- To see how the updated page looks on the web site, hover the cursor over the word ‘PeaDouXy’ at the top left side of the Dashboard. In the dropdown box click on the words ‘Visit Site’.
- If you want to make more changes to that page or any other page, hover the cursor over the word ‘PeaDouXy’ at the top left side. In the dropdown box, click on the word ‘Dashboard’ to get back to the Dashboard, and repeat the above process.
- When done making changes, to log out hover the cursor over your name at the top right side of the dashboard and click on ‘Log Out’ in the dropdown box.